Monday, July 26, 2010

Finally, some photos of what we have been doing in the Ala Dag


This weekend our friends from Ankara showed up, and I was finally able to take my hand off the belay rope and get some pictures of some of the climbing here in the Ala Dag, and, specifically the Kazikli Valley. To non-climbers, these are probably pretty boring; but I tried to spice some of them up so that they aren't all just about people hanging onto rocks with their fingers. As is my goal this summer, I'm trying out all sorts of photographic techniques, both in my composition, and in the post processing of the images. Any feedback on this is more than welcome!



More photos from the Ala Dag can be found on my facebook page, for some reason FB loads quicker than blogger.

2 comments:

  1. i dont remember how i got to this blog but i have been following it for some months by now
    in aladağlar maybe you should go actually withing the range, into the alpine zone. visit cimbar valley maybe.
    i especially like the secont photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diego! We've had a few trips into the alpine zone, but it is very hot there now, and the water is hard to find. But, I think we will try to go to Cimbar next week, I'll post some more photos if we go!

    ReplyDelete

Live Video Feeds from my mobile!